Monday, July 21, 2008

Sunflower Man

My mother has always been afraid of sunflowers. She says she they are sinister. In the past I couldn't understand why she felt that way. Things are a little different now however. More than once this sunflower has startled us in the field. There is nothing else as tall as the sunflower and sometimes its shadow resembles that of a man. Both Theresa and John have mistaken the sunflower in the tomato field for Rob, one of the other people that lives on the farm. It is a little creepy when you finding yourself calling out "hello?" and then you turn around and the sunflower is the only thing there. I am not sure if it's true or not, but sometimes I feel like its watching me.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Yes your mom was right. They do look sinister. Wasn't there a flower from some old sci-fi movie that came from another planet that shot spores?

'...a triffid that shoots poison and kills'? lol