Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Yoga Farm

The Colchester Farm Community Supported Agriculture Project (CFCSA Project) is unique because it offers its members more than just access to fresh, pesticide-free vegetables. Colchester provides its members with many ways to achieve individual and community health.

One way that Colchester promotes healthy individuals and communities is by offering yoga classes. Led by Ronni Diamond, a certified Kripalu yoga instructor, many CSA members and other members of the local community meet once a week to practice yoga together. (http://www.colchesterfarm.org/yoga.html) Yoga has many health benefits including stress reduction and increased flexibility. Not only that, yoga classes are a great place to meet new people.

I have to admit that last spring when I was visiting farms looking for the right place for me to do my internship, one of the reasons that I chose Colchester was because of the opportunity to continue my yoga practice. When I got home after interviewing with Theresa, I told my mom, "I love it! It's a yoga farm!"

No comments: