Saturday, September 26, 2009

An Educated Feline

I wonder if my cat has realized yet what kind of place she has moved into. This is a place of books. I have four floor to ceiling book shelves filled with a strange combination of fiction and non-fiction. What would you like to read today, Remaking the North American Food System? No, that doesn't suit? How about the newest Anne Tyler? Maybe you would like The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down or maybe you would prefer Staying Healthy With Nutrition. It's hard to say what will strike my fancy next.

All I know is that whenever I go to read a book, Arabella lays down in the middle of it. "Ummm mother, what do you think you are doing?" she seems to ask. She would like me to know that she certainly doesn't approve of reading.

Please don't tell her that the library books sale is tomorrow....

No comments: